INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH LABORATORIES
Where competence makes the difference
Ravenna Technopole includes 7 aptly equipped industrial research laboratories with a high level of competence, which belong to the Emilia-Romagna High Technology Network.
The area of Ravenna is linked to a very important cultural and natural heritage, and is home to the Interdepartmental Centres for Industrial Research (CIRI) of the University of Bologna, that were established with the aim of gathering the most qualified experts while enhancing research ability to the benefit of businesses:
- CIRI Advanced Mechanics and Materials, which has competence in the field of computational fluid dynamics, in advanced design methods and sensors for the nautical industry.
- CIRI Renewable Resources, Environment, Sea and Energy – FRAME, that can operate in the entire sector of the energy supply chain, the optimization of production processes and human activities, and of renewable sources.
- CIRI Building and Construction, which deals with restoration and historiographical analysis of the heritage.
The city of Faenza is the business district of ceramics and materials and is home to:
- CIRI Advanced Mechanics and Materials, with specialised competence in composite materials.
- CNR-ISTEC Institute of Science and Technology for Ceramic.
- ENEA-TEMAF Laboratory of Materials Technologies Faenza, that carries out research, development and engineering activities in the field of advanced ceramic materials.
- CertiMac, which is a research organization founded and endorsed by ENEA and CNR for industrial applications and technology transfer of advanced materials, energy efficiency and sustainability.